Sweet potato markets tight heading into harvests
07/22/2014 4:39:57 PMSweet potato prices should stay high until September, when new-crop volume shipments begin. Markets should stay... Read more.
Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
07/18/2014 12:43:19 PMThe Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart Foundation has donated another $1.05 million to the National Strawberry Sustainability... Read more.
Florida honors three environmentally friendly operations
07/17/2014 12:46:20 PMFlorida Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam has awarded three agricultural operations the state's Agricultural-Environmental Leadership Award. They... Read more.
UPDATED: Florida strawberry growers choose new leader
07/16/2014 10:28:08 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE, July 17) Agronomic sales veteran Kenneth Parker is the new executive director of... Read more.
BMPs help protect the environment while helping growers succeed
07/14/2014 12:08:41 PMThe Florida legislature passed the 1999 Florida Watershed Restoration Act that gives the Florida Department... Read more.
Vegalab taps three Florida firms as distribution partners
07/11/2014 10:56:57 AMVegalab LLC of West Palm Beach, Fla., has enlisted three Florida-based companies to help distribute... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- California registers biological insecticide
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century