Mixons planning to depart Dole
08/07/2014 11:45:53 AMThe Mixon brothers are planning to leave Dole. Keith Mixon, president of Dole Berry Co. LLC, Watsonville,... Read more.
Growers enlist thermotherapy to treat HLB-infected trees
08/06/2014 2:04:10 PMFlorida's citrus industry is exploring a new tool to combat greening: exposing infected trees to high... Read more.
Michigan State receives $6.9 million to continue native bee work
08/06/2014 1:16:26 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has awarded $6.9 million to Michigan State University to develop... Watch Video.
Web tool helps time fungicides, boosting strawberry profits
08/06/2014 11:46:21 AMA University of Florida Web tool could boost strawberry growers' net profits by more than $1 million... Read more.
Lemon prices drop below $50, but still high
08/06/2014 3:03:20 PMLemon prices have finally dipped below $50 per box, but they’re still much higher than normal,... Read more.
Arcadia Biosciences patents gene change for long-lasting tomatoes
08/05/2014 4:33:10 PMDavis, Calif.-based Arcadia Biosciences Inc. has received a U.S. patent on a non-transgenic modification to... Read more.
UPDATED: Florida strawberry growers welcome new leader
08/05/2014 3:51:58 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, Aug. 7) PLANT CITY, Fla. —The Florida Strawberry Growers Association officially has a... Watch Video.
- Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
- California implements new olive oil standards
- Spud and citrus production down, value up
- Fire ravages Phillips Farms packinghouse
- FFVA meeting focuses on produce sales, health care
- California enacts citrus psyllid quarantine around Bakersfield
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Florida citrus nursery tree production levels off
- Trials find many products don’t curb bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue