FFVA provides collective voice for specialty crop industry
08/04/2014 3:06:38 PMHeading into the end of the spring season, FFVA is wrapping up an incredibly busy year. As always,... Read more.
Yeast-sugar lures more spotted wing flies than cider vinegar
08/01/2014 12:29:36 PMA University of Florida study found that a yeast-sugar-water mixture lures spotted wing drosophila flies... Read more.
Laurel wilt fight continues
08/01/2014 10:37:32 AMAs Florida’s avocado harvesting begins to enter the back half of the season, the industry is... Read more.
Sign up for upcoming Fast Track citrus variety meetings
07/31/2014 3:04:31 PMFlorida citrus growers who want to get a head start on new fresh-market varieties can learn more about... Read more.
UPDATED: Southeast Produce Council founder dies at age 64
07/31/2014 1:08:53 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, 12:38 p.m.) Terry Vorhees, executive director of the Southeast Produce Council, died July... Watch Video.
Group educates lawmakers on need for organic HLB research
07/30/2014 10:34:45 AMThe organic industry took to Capitol Hill to educate staff members from more than a dozen congressional... Read more.
Florida Small Farms Conference honors three innovators
07/28/2014 1:10:48 PMThe University of Florida and Florida A&M University's Small Farms and Alternative Enterprises Focus Team... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative