Scientist tries peanut digger to fight nutsedge in organic fields
08/18/2014 5:34:28 PMA machine used to harvest peanuts may help organic growers manage nutsedge, a prolific weed that can... Read more.
UPDATED: Gladstone Land plans to buy 1,200 more acres
08/18/2014 12:17:25 PMMcLean, Va.-based Gladstone Land Corp. has agreed to purchase five farms totaling 1,226 acres of irrigated... Read more.
Coca-Cola donates another $1.5 million to citrus greening studies
08/14/2014 9:44:13 AMAtlanta-based Coca-Cola Co. has donated an additional $1.5 million to a University of Florida foundation... Read more.
Flavor takes center stage at Sakata
08/14/2014 9:19:21 AMWOODLAND, Calif. — Talk to most of the product managers and breeders of Sakata Seed America... Watch Video.
Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
08/11/2014 4:04:26 PMUntil recently, growers who wanted to dispose of used plastic mulch or drip tape in an environmentally... Read more.
Brooks Tropicals recalls avocados after FDA salmonella test
08/11/2014 2:59:32 PMBrooks Tropicals LLC, Homestead, Fla., has recalled 401 boxes of fresh, green-skinned avocados because a... Read more.
- Citrus World commits $10 million to planting orange groves
- Jackie Burns named UF/IFAS dean for research
- Common virus, pathogen conspire to damage potatoes
- Mike Roberts promoted to GM of Griffin Fertilizer
- Changing demographics, drought top the concerns of wineries
- UPDATED: FDA releases revised produce rule proposal
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue