Scientist tries peanut digger to fight nutsedge in organic fields
08/18/2014 5:34:28 PMA machine used to harvest peanuts may help organic growers manage nutsedge, a prolific weed that can... Read more.
UPDATED: Gladstone Land plans to buy 1,200 more acres
08/18/2014 12:17:25 PMMcLean, Va.-based Gladstone Land Corp. has agreed to purchase five farms totaling 1,226 acres of irrigated... Read more.
Coca-Cola donates another $1.5 million to citrus greening studies
08/14/2014 9:44:13 AMAtlanta-based Coca-Cola Co. has donated an additional $1.5 million to a University of Florida foundation... Read more.
Flavor takes center stage at Sakata
08/14/2014 9:19:21 AMWOODLAND, Calif. — Talk to most of the product managers and breeders of Sakata Seed America... Watch Video.
Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
08/11/2014 4:04:26 PMUntil recently, growers who wanted to dispose of used plastic mulch or drip tape in an environmentally... Read more.
Brooks Tropicals recalls avocados after FDA salmonella test
08/11/2014 2:59:32 PMBrooks Tropicals LLC, Homestead, Fla., has recalled 401 boxes of fresh, green-skinned avocados because a... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative