UPDATED: Gladstone Land plans to buy 1,200 more acres
08/18/2014 12:17:25 PMMcLean, Va.-based Gladstone Land Corp. has agreed to purchase five farms totaling 1,226 acres of irrigated... Read more.
Coca-Cola donates another $1.5 million to citrus greening studies
08/14/2014 9:44:13 AMAtlanta-based Coca-Cola Co. has donated an additional $1.5 million to a University of Florida foundation... Read more.
Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
08/11/2014 4:04:26 PMUntil recently, growers who wanted to dispose of used plastic mulch or drip tape in an environmentally... Read more.
Brooks Tropicals recalls avocados after FDA salmonella test
08/11/2014 2:59:32 PMBrooks Tropicals LLC, Homestead, Fla., has recalled 401 boxes of fresh, green-skinned avocados because a... Read more.
EPA restricts use of methomyl insecticide
08/11/2014 2:18:53 PMRegistrants of the insecticide methomyl and the Environmental Protection Agency have agreed to mitigation measures... Read more.
- Florida shipping peaches, Georgia to see later season start
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Verdesian Life Sciences buys U.K. plant health firm
- Report: U.S. tree nut industry is healthy, but watch China
- Cornell strikes gold with two new raspberries
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior