Florida congressmen discuss citrus greening efforts
02/18/2014 10:19:33 AMTwo south Florida congressmen have started a caucus on citrus greening disease. Rep. Tom Rooney, R-... Read more.
Nunhems plans to launch dual-use watermelon
02/17/2014 10:46:34 AMBoise, Idaho-based Nunhems plans to introduce a new pollenizer watermelon variety that also has attractive... Read more.
Strawberry picking contest benefits children's charity
02/12/2014 2:26:17 PMThe recent inaugural strawberry picking challenge hosted by Wish Farms not only raised $75,000 for... Read more.
Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
02/12/2014 10:09:49 AMMississippi's farmers and beekeepers are working together to protect the state's pollinators through development of... Read more.
Former citrus researcher to hold endowed pistachio chair
02/11/2014 5:21:46 PMTim Spann, formerly with the University of Florida's Citrus Research and Education Center, Lake Alfred,... Read more.
Plant pathologist to head USDA's unified multi-agency HLB group
02/11/2014 12:16:56 PMMary Palm, a U.S. Department of Agriculture plant pathologist based in Riverdale, Md., has been chosen... Read more.
Good weather kicks off Southern California strawberry season
02/11/2014 10:03:37 AMAn exceptionally mild early winter in California along with sluggish production out of Florida in... Watch Video.
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Vermont appears on verge of passing GMO labeling law
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce