Tampa-area citrus grower named Sunbelt Expo-Florida winner
07/08/2014 3:04:13 PMCitrus grower and cattle rancher C. Dennis Carlton of Seffner has been named the Florida state winner... Read more.
Florida pomegranate group to hold field day
07/08/2014 9:18:35 AMAnyone interested in growing pomegranates in Florida is invited to the Florida Pomegranate Association's field... Read more.
Seedway, Howard Fertilizer join in seed distribution pact
07/08/2014 8:05:24 AMHall, N.Y.-based Seedway LLC has joined with Orlando-based Howard Fertilizer and Chemical in a vegetable... Read more.
Using calcium chloride makes pickling brine more earth friendly
07/07/2014 8:04:08 PMU.S. Department of Agriculture researchers have found a way to replace much of the salt in pickling... Read more.
Avoid using glufosinate herbicide on pome, stone fruit trees
06/30/2014 11:37:50 AMAs Rely 280 from Bayer CropScience comes off patent, several other glufosinate products are entering... Read more.
U-pick helps augment income, but do your homework first
06/26/2014 1:31:12 PMDavid Hill, owner of Southern Hill Farms near Clermont, Fla., likes to joke about his questionable... Watch Video.
Ag Census: Specialty crops still dominate Florida's ag
06/26/2014 12:18:22 PMSpecialty horticulture accounts for the bulk of Florida's total agricultural products sold, according to figures... Read more.
Produce industry reps appointed to trade committee
06/26/2014 9:54:43 AMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Trade Representative have appointed 19 people—including several from... Read more.
- Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
- California implements new olive oil standards
- Spud and citrus production down, value up
- Fire ravages Phillips Farms packinghouse
- FFVA meeting focuses on produce sales, health care
- California enacts citrus psyllid quarantine around Bakersfield
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Florida citrus nursery tree production levels off
- Trials find many products don’t curb bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue