Marmorated stink bugs spread in Northern California
11/11/2013 11:39:12 AMThe brown marmorated stink bug continues to spread in Northern California. It was first confirmed in... Read more.
USDA issues draft environmental assessment for GMO apple
11/08/2013 8:48:54 AMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has released its draft environmental assessment for an apple genetically... Read more.
Sweeter grapefruit, fewer navels, smaller tangerines hit market
11/07/2013 5:41:28 PMVERO BEACH, Fla. — This year’s Florida citrus season is bringing sweeter grapefruit, smaller volumes... Read more.
San Francisco market breaks ground
11/07/2013 5:43:43 PMThe San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market has broken ground on construction of an 84,000-square foot... Watch Video.
UF researchers work to develop organic strawberry growing methods
11/06/2013 3:47:48 PMA group of University of Florida researchers wants to develop new organic and sustainable growing... Read more.
Project looks to predict strawberry shelf life, reduce waste
11/06/2013 3:33:02 PMMost retailers use a first-in, first-out system to rotate produce put out on display. But over the... Read more.
Apple and pear producers face problems with no antibiotics
11/06/2013 3:24:18 PMOrganic apple and pear growers remain concerned about progress that’s being made on treatments to... Read more.
- Citrus growers endure another cold night, prepare for more
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Potato marketers promote nutrition
- California OKs herbicide for use on permanent crops
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- Survey finds food safety ranks as a top concern among Floridians
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant