Florida woman named National Watermelon Queen
02/24/2014 7:53:34 AMSAVANNAH, Ga. – A convention celebrating milestones – the 100th anniversary of the National Watermelon... Watch Video.
Water project in California makes zero allocation official
02/21/2014 2:27:28 PMThe Bureau of Reclamation made it official today. The Central Valley Project, which it operates, expects... Read more.
USDA affirms need to fight citrus greening to Florida growers
02/21/2014 3:32:19 PMLAKELAND, Fla. — Florida citrus growers received additional support in the fight to save their... Watch Video.
Cold-hardy grapes yield a big financial impact
02/21/2014 9:52:15 AMCold-hardy grapes developed by both the University of Minnesota and private breeding programs contributed $401... Read more.
Southeastern growers rank pests as top concern
02/20/2014 9:49:06 AMDisease and pest pressures were the top concerns among Southeastern growers last season, and they... Read more.
Florida releases six citrus cultivars under fast-track program
02/19/2014 12:44:56 PMThe University of Florida's Institute of Food and Agricultural Services has approved 14 new cultivars... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Driscoll’s CEO is hospital’s ‘Hero’
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- Promising citrus rootstocks get to the root of the HLB problem
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees