Using calcium chloride makes pickling brine more earth friendly
07/07/2014 8:04:08 PMU.S. Department of Agriculture researchers have found a way to replace much of the salt in pickling... Read more.
Smaller growers play vital role
07/07/2014 7:39:48 PMSmall operations are important to Kentucky’s and Tennessee’s fruit and vegetable production. “We have a few... Read more.
California on course to harvest record almond crop
06/30/2014 3:18:14 PMCalifornia's almond growers are expected to harvest a record 2.1 billion meat pounds, up 7.7 percent... Read more.
Avoid using glufosinate herbicide on pome, stone fruit trees
06/30/2014 11:37:50 AMAs Rely 280 from Bayer CropScience comes off patent, several other glufosinate products are entering... Read more.
Valent BioSciences opens manufacturing plant in Iowa
06/27/2014 12:05:00 PMValent BioSciences Corp. cut the ribbon on its new $146 million manufacturing facility in Osage, Iowa,... Read more.
Volumes up on Cotton Candy, Sweet Celebration varieties
06/27/2014 11:43:18 AMInternational Fruit Genetics, the developer of such grape varieties as Sweet Celebration and Cotton Candy,... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
- UPDATED: U.S. potato shipments resume in Mexico
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion