New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
07/24/2014 4:55:00 AMA new chipping potato variety appears to be more tolerant to heat-induced internal problems as well... Read more.
Rijk Zwaan demos lettuce
07/25/2014 8:38:45 AMSALINAS, Calif. — Rijk Zwaan USA Inc. offered Salinas lettuce samples to grower-shippers and processors... Watch Video.
Sweet potato markets tight heading into harvests
07/22/2014 4:39:57 PMSweet potato prices should stay high until September, when new-crop volume shipments begin. Markets should stay... Read more.
Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
07/22/2014 10:04:34 AMLate blight was confirmed in a potato field in Portage County, Wis., July 18, but it's not the same... Read more.
Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
07/21/2014 2:28:26 PMYellow bud bacteria has been spreading through the Vidalia onion growing region in recent years, but... Read more.
UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
07/21/2014 10:48:50 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE, July 22) As a recall of stone fruit from Wawona Packing Co. expanded to Canada,... Read more.
- California lawmakers, ag push for water bond
- Florida Small Farms Conference honors three innovators
- 2014 Fresno Food Expo notes
- Washington's organic ag production continues to grow
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Texas A&M breeding program wants to make spuds more fashionable
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race