Sweet potato markets tight heading into harvests
07/22/2014 4:39:57 PMSweet potato prices should stay high until September, when new-crop volume shipments begin. Markets should stay... Read more.
Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
07/22/2014 10:04:34 AMLate blight was confirmed in a potato field in Portage County, Wis., July 18, but it's not the same... Read more.
Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
07/21/2014 2:28:26 PMYellow bud bacteria has been spreading through the Vidalia onion growing region in recent years, but... Read more.
UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
07/21/2014 10:48:50 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE, July 22) As a recall of stone fruit from Wawona Packing Co. expanded to Canada,... Read more.
USDA triples emergency water assistance to California
07/18/2014 3:19:51 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture plans to provide $9.7 million in emergency water assistance to... Read more.
Walmart funds second round of strawberry sustainability grants
07/18/2014 12:43:19 PMThe Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart Foundation has donated another $1.05 million to the National Strawberry Sustainability... Read more.
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race