Researchers: California surface water over-allocated by fivefold
08/19/2014 10:49:18 AMCalifornia's water-rights regulators have allowed five times more surface water than the state actually has,... Read more.
Scientist tries peanut digger to fight nutsedge in organic fields
08/18/2014 5:34:28 PMA machine used to harvest peanuts may help organic growers manage nutsedge, a prolific weed that can... Read more.
UPDATED: Gladstone Land plans to buy 1,200 more acres
08/18/2014 12:17:25 PMMcLean, Va.-based Gladstone Land Corp. has agreed to purchase five farms totaling 1,226 acres of irrigated... Read more.
Christopher Ranch brings garlic to 49ers fans
08/14/2014 3:55:19 PMGarlic and football will collide as Christopher Ranch’s garlic is featured on the menu in the... Read more.
Water shortage dampens some California growers’ prospects
08/14/2014 12:44:05 PMCalifornia avocado growers produced a crop of about 315 million pounds, even though water is becoming... Read more.
Coca-Cola donates another $1.5 million to citrus greening studies
08/14/2014 9:44:13 AMAtlanta-based Coca-Cola Co. has donated an additional $1.5 million to a University of Florida foundation... Read more.
Industry forms the Yuma Center of Excellence for Desert Ag
08/14/2014 8:20:38 AMAgriculture industry leaders have joined together to create the Yuma Center of Excellence for Desert... Read more.
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Join the 'Great Stink Bug Count'
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue