Monsanto showcases tasty melons in development
10/25/2013 4:45:30 PMNEW ORLEANS — Following in the footsteps of its Melorange-brand charentais melon, Monsanto’s Seminis vegetable... Watch Video.
Changing production practices can affect food safety risk
10/25/2013 8:50:50 AMA few small changes in produce production practices can either boost or reduce the risk of Salmonella... Read more.
Shipping tomatoes in corrugated cheaper, study suggests
10/23/2013 4:30:59 PMShipping tomatoes in corrugated boxes can be significantly cheaper than shipping them in reusable plastic... Read more.
UF releases irrigation apps for smartphones
10/21/2013 6:12:17 PMThe University of Florida has released three free smartphone apps to help manage irrigation for citrus,... Read more.
Agritourism operators should review their safety plans
10/16/2013 11:30:43 AMFall marks high consumer interest in agritourism from hayrides and corn mazes to pumpkin patches and... Read more.
Oregon updates publication on protecting bees from pesticides
10/15/2013 12:55:45 PMThe Oregon State University Extension Service has has revised its publication, "How to Reduce Bee... Read more.
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- University of Georgia releases giant of a blueberry variety
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Washington university remains neutral on GMO labeling measure