Robotic harvesters may be the future
04/28/2014 11:22:16 AMSALINAS, Calif. — A tight labor supply and the allure of savings motivate growers in the Salinas... Read more.
Pheromones enhance cranberry weevil traps
04/22/2014 12:44:12 PMA blend of four pheromones caught significantly more cranberry weevils on yellow sticky traps than... Read more.
OG Packing shows off 72-lane optical cherry sorter
04/11/2014 7:25:00 PMStockton, Calif.-based OG Packing, which last year installed a 40-lane optical cherry sorting system, showed... Read more.
GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
04/03/2014 7:02:24 PMFood industry-backed federal legislation that seeks to derail state efforts to pass mandatory labeling laws... Read more.
Researchers tap bacteria-killing viruses to fight E. coli
04/01/2014 1:29:58 PMTreating meat and produce with selected types of bacteria-killing viruses could significantly reduce concentrations of... Watch Video.
Stemilt installs computerized cherry grader in California
03/26/2014 10:19:35 AMSTOCKTON, Calif. — Following the success of a new 20-lane optical cherry grader-sizer in its... Watch Video.
- Odor molecules hold promise as citrus psyllid attractant
- Report examines value of neonicotinoids to ag
- Rutgers develops nutrient-packed lettuce
- Drought remains top issue for California PCAs in 2015
- Bejo introduces next branded veggie: Lettage cabbage
- USDA awards $4 million for Midwestern honeybee habitat