Study: Blueberry leaf extract can add shelf life
06/03/2014 9:19:26 PMBlueberry leaves contain a substance that can be added to the fruit’s coating and extend its... Read more.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:27 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
Stemilt introduces second optical sorting line at Euclid facility
05/13/2014 3:07:26 PMWENATCHEE, Wash. — Stemilt Growers LLC is doubling up on optical sorting lines for its Euclid... Watch Video.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:55 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Machines harvest about one-sixth of California raisin crop
05/06/2014 8:30:00 PMAbout one-sixth of California's raisin acres are harvested mechanically, according to a report from the... Read more.
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- Desert frosts nip lettuce
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Guest opinion: Biologicals play a key role in food production