Mechanical grape thinning pays off for growers
12/11/2013 11:27:11 AMMechanical grape thinning is beginning to pay dividends for western New York growers. The technique involves... Read more.
Grafted blueberry trees could enhance mechanical harvesting
12/09/2013 6:10:00 AMBlueberry production costs may be reduced if the fruit were to grow on trees rather than bushes. Wei... Read more.
Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
12/06/2013 9:59:44 AMThe desert climes of Arizona seem like an unlikely place for strawberry production, but a University... Read more.
Arctic apple comment period extended
12/13/2013 9:29:01 AMThe public comment period on the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s proposal the genetically modified Arctic... Read more.
Want to report a California pest? There's an app for that
11/27/2013 8:36:50 AMThe state of California has launched more than 50 free smartphone apps, of which a handful can help... Read more.
Research shows chlorine works best to keep wash water clean
11/26/2013 4:59:58 PMRecently published research on the effectiveness of different sanitizers in iceberg lettuce wash water reinforced... Read more.
Beneficial fungus may help control herbicide-resistant weed
11/21/2013 12:15:24 PMA naturally occurring fungus may help control Palmer amaranth, a type of pigweed that in many areas... Read more.
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce