UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
04/25/2014 5:47:12 PMMartori Farms has finalized a three-year process of switching to a method of cleaning its cantaloupes... Read more.
Robotic harvesters may be the future
04/28/2014 11:22:16 AMSALINAS, Calif. — A tight labor supply and the allure of savings motivate growers in the Salinas... Read more.
Drought whets appetites for automated irrigation
04/15/2014 12:54:41 PMWATSONVILLE, Calif. — As California growers review their water conservation options in the midst of... Watch Video.
OG Packing shows off 72-lane optical cherry sorter
04/11/2014 7:25:00 PMStockton, Calif.-based OG Packing, which last year installed a 40-lane optical cherry sorting system, showed... Read more.
Orchard workers straighten up with GPS
04/07/2014 7:17:36 PMWorkers are using satellites to keep them on track while planting new apple trees in a 100-year-old... Watch Video.
Researchers tap bacteria-killing viruses to fight E. coli
04/01/2014 1:29:58 PMTreating meat and produce with selected types of bacteria-killing viruses could significantly reduce concentrations of... Watch Video.
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue
- Fresno Food Expo marks new date, opens registration
- Johnny's Seeds offers Kalettes seed