Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:55 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Machines harvest about one-sixth of California raisin crop
05/06/2014 8:30:00 PMAbout one-sixth of California's raisin acres are harvested mechanically, according to a report from the... Read more.
San Francisco firm grows carrots hydroponically
05/06/2014 10:53:50 AMSan Francisco-based Got Produce? has developed a way to grow root vegetables, including carrots,... Read more.
Website helps California nut, grape growers improve irrigation
04/28/2014 11:25:39 AMThe University of California, Davis, has launched a new website to help almond, walnut, prune and... Watch Video.
UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
04/25/2014 5:47:12 PMMartori Farms has finalized a three-year process of switching to a method of cleaning its cantaloupes... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- Pomegranates appear to be easy-to-grow citrus alternative
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth