PGR helps slow avocado ripening, lengthening marketability
06/17/2014 4:39:44 PMA commercially available plant growth regulator can keep a Florida avocado hybrid fresh longer, a... Read more.
Florida to open new citrus germplasm repository
06/16/2014 11:25:29 AMThe Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumers Services will open the new Florida Citrus Repository... Read more.
Mechanical citrus harvest is still needed but with less shaking
06/06/2014 6:20:04 PMEditor's note: A special thanks to Dr. Monica Ozores-Hampton for coordinating The Immokalee Report. Ten years... Read more.
Genome database will help guide fruit choices, aid breeding
06/06/2014 12:11:23 PMResearchers from the University of Florida, Washington State, Clemson, North Carolina State and Cornell have... Read more.
Grower works to breed a better organic sweet corn
06/05/2014 10:34:36 AMA southern Oregon organic sweet corn producer has received a grant to help with developing sweeter... Watch Video.
USDA seeks further comments on genetically engineered spud
05/30/2014 10:11:27 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking public comments on an environmental assessment and a... Read more.
- Web seminar focuses on potato fungicide resistance management
- California implements new olive oil standards
- Spud and citrus production down, value up
- Fire ravages Phillips Farms packinghouse
- FFVA meeting focuses on produce sales, health care
- California enacts citrus psyllid quarantine around Bakersfield
- UPDATED: California governor signs groundwater management bills
- Florida citrus growers get USDA assistance
- Pesky bagrada bugs expand northward in California
- Florida citrus nursery tree production levels off
- Trials find many products don’t curb bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Vance Agribusiness names 40 Under 40 honorees
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- CORRECTED: Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- UC study pegs California ag drought costs at $2.2 billion
- University of Arkansas releases thornless primocane blackberry
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Most California produce in 2013 had little, no pesticide residue