Compac upgrades stone fruit sorting
07/24/2013 7:18:40 AMCompac has begun marketing a new stone fruit sorting system following commercial trials in California... Read more.
Study: Light can enhance produce taste, aroma
07/23/2013 9:55:14 AMMany growers and researchers have long known that light can enhance the exterior color of fruits and... Read more.
Scientists make citrus deposits to deep-freeze gene bank
07/19/2013 11:39:14 AMU.S. Department of Agriculture scientists are depositing citrus germplasm in a deep-freeze bank to preserve... Read more.
UC Davis offers produce professional certificates
07/17/2013 1:17:29 PMThe University of California, Davis, now offers a produce professional certificate program that trains participants... Read more.
Videos will show how to grow hydroponic strawberries
07/11/2013 1:11:50 PMBy switching from soil to a hydroponic system, growers may be able to produce strawberries year-round. To... Read more.
Buyers say tomato research gives them leverage
07/09/2013 7:23:43 PMROCHESTER, N.Y. — Recent research results on tomato harvesting and handling give buyers the backup... Read more.
Florida berry grower recognized for environmental innovation
07/09/2013 5:00:00 AMA Floral City strawberry grower was among three operations honored with the state's Agriculture-Environmental Leadership... Read more.
- Research shows chlorine works best to keep wash water clean
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- UPDATED: UC-Davis says strawberry commission dispute on hold
- Monsanto showcases tasty melons in development
- Research links mite to deadly honey bee virus
- Onion growers, researchers slowly gain on profit-robbing iris yellow spot virus
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees