Grafted blueberry trees could enhance mechanical harvesting
12/09/2013 6:10:00 AMBlueberry production costs may be reduced if the fruit were to grow on trees rather than bushes. Wei... Read more.
Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
12/06/2013 9:59:44 AMThe desert climes of Arizona seem like an unlikely place for strawberry production, but a University... Read more.
Want to report a California pest? There's an app for that
11/27/2013 8:36:50 AMThe state of California has launched more than 50 free smartphone apps, of which a handful can help... Read more.
Research shows chlorine works best to keep wash water clean
11/26/2013 4:59:58 PMRecently published research on the effectiveness of different sanitizers in iceberg lettuce wash water reinforced... Read more.
Group recognized for high tunnel research
11/24/2013 6:55:00 PMA group of 17 researchers, led by Washington State University, recently was recognized for their innovative... Read more.
Genetic tool should boost citrus breeding efficiency
11/22/2013 7:35:00 AMTwo University of California, Riverside, plant geneticists have received a $450,000 grant from the U.S.... Read more.
Beneficial fungus may help control herbicide-resistant weed
11/21/2013 12:15:24 PMA naturally occurring fungus may help control Palmer amaranth, a type of pigweed that in many areas... Read more.
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- USDA releases five HLB-tolerant citrus rootstocks
- Valent introduces low-VOC ProGibb plant growth regulator
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- Florida127 strawberry branded as Sensation for marketing
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges