USDA allocates $31.5 million to citrus greening research
06/12/2014 11:59:57 AMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture has allocated $31.5 million to help fund citrus greening research. Of... Read more.
California expands citrus psyllid quarantine
06/10/2014 12:29:56 PMThe California Department of Food and Agriculture has expanded the Asian citrus psyllid quarantine in... Read more.
Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
Citrus industry girds for psyllid expansion
05/23/2014 10:29:22 AMTULARE, Calif. — The confirmation May 22 that three Asian citrus psyllids were trapped in the... Watch Video.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:00 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:54 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
- Farmers Mutual Hail to acquire John Deere Insurance
- USDA seeks to knock down trade barriers, create consistent rules
- Stinky invading insect bugs Pacific Northwest growers
- Central Valley citrus growers dodge a freeze but expect more
- FFVA fills newly created food safety and sustainability position
- Blueberry Bonanza