Scientists complete genetic fingerprint of pest
12/04/2013 5:54:24 PMA group of scientists has published the genome and accompanying sequence data for the spotted wing... Read more.
UPDATED: Citrus disease find in California a mystery
12/02/2013 10:58:09 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE Dec. 5) Detections of sweet orange scab that began in California’s Imperial County... Read more.
California expands citrus psyllid quarantine
11/27/2013 3:05:23 PMThe California Department of Food and Agriculture has expanded the Asian citrus psyllid quarantine by... Read more.
Want to report a California pest? There's an app for that
11/27/2013 8:36:49 AMThe state of California has launched more than 50 free smartphone apps, of which a handful can help... Read more.
Rain-fed fruit rot hits Georgia watermelon crop this season
11/26/2013 8:39:40 AMThe summer of 2012 was marked by above-average rainfall across much of the Southeast. And with the... Read more.
Beneficial fungus may help control herbicide-resistant weed
11/21/2013 12:15:23 PMA naturally occurring fungus may help control Palmer amaranth, a type of pigweed that in many areas... Read more.
Clean vine program yields millions of dollars in benefits
11/18/2013 5:01:57 PMA little money up front for disease-free grapevines and rootstock more than pays for itself in the... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- Researchers say GMO citrus trees could combat greening
- United Indian River Packers to close
- Food safety evolving for eastern cantaloupe growers
- Research shows chlorine works best to keep wash water clean
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees