Knowing late blight's origin could aid finding controls
06/03/2014 11:24:48 AMMexico is the origin of the late blight epidemic that caused the Irish Potato Famine in the 1840s,... Read more.
Air dancers show promise as bird deterrents
05/31/2014 10:53:33 PMAir dancers—inflatable creatures used in front of stores or car dealerships to capture passersby attention—may... Read more.
Survey: Honeybee colonies fared better this winter
05/15/2014 10:14:00 AMHoneybee deaths decreased about 7 percent during the 2013-14 winter from the previous winter, according... Read more.
Beneficial bacterium may curb Salmonella on tomatoes
05/09/2014 12:10:54 PMFood and Drug Administration scientists have found a benign bacterium that may block Salmonella from... Read more.
Syngenta again sponsors potato late blight alerts
05/07/2014 10:46:24 AMSyngenta Crop Protection, Greensboro, N.C., will once again this year sponsor the potato late blight... Read more.
Ohio fruit growers prepare for spotted wing fly pest
05/06/2014 3:06:19 PMOhio fruit growers are on the watch for an invasive fly pest that could potentially wipe out their... Read more.
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century
- Netafim, T-L Irrigation join on hybrid center-pivot drip system
- Specialty grapes star in Emmys dinner
- DuPont to sell Kocide business to Mitsui & Co.
- Three fungal diseases hit Pacific Northwest vegetable crops
- Florida ag department offers cost-share for weather stations