Reflective mulch may fight citrus psyllids that transmit HLB
08/06/2013 10:49:11 AMWith the help of some local citrus growers, the University of Florida is literally shining some light... Read more.
Researchers turn up the heat on greening-infected citrus trees
08/05/2013 8:27:19 PMResearchers are turning up the heat on citrus greening. U.S. Department of Agriculture scientists in Fort... Read more.
California sets 178-square-mile quarantine after psyllid finds
07/31/2013 1:39:43 PMThe California Department of Food and Agriculture has quarantined 178 square miles of Tulare County... Read more.
California extends citrus pest program for another 4 years
07/30/2013 2:49:05 PMAfter several public hearings and a comment period, the California Department of Food and Agriculture... Read more.
Psyllid find prompts hold order for parts of Tulare County
07/25/2013 7:52:24 PMCalifornia officials have not found any additional pests after deploying hundreds of traps after the... Read more.
Scientists make citrus deposits to deep-freeze gene bank
07/19/2013 11:39:14 AMU.S. Department of Agriculture scientists are depositing citrus germplasm in a deep-freeze bank to preserve... Read more.
UPDATED: Asian citrus psyllids found in Tulare County
07/16/2013 2:39:58 PM(UPDATED COVERAGE, July 16) Although only six pests have been found along the corridor east of Highway... Read more.
Six more citrus psyllids trapped in California's main citrus area
07/12/2013 5:32:36 PMSix Asian citrus psyllids have been found in three traps south of the city of Porterville in the heart... Read more.
- New farm bill increases investments in specialty crops
- Broccoli offers winter production opportunities for Florida
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Bayer opens new North Carolina bee care center
- Vine-ripe Tasti-Lee tomato creates a buzz among consumers
- Cold snap delays South Carolina watermelons
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- New California marketing program targets culinary tourists
- Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
- GMO labeling bill draws industry notice
- UPDATED: Federal GMO labeling bill draws ag support
- WEB EXTRA: Program helps identify Florida-grown produce