click image to zoomVicky BoydSan Luis Reservoir, a major storage facility for California farmers south of the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, stands at about 46 percent of historical capacity.The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources has recorded seven video presentations to help the state's farmers cope with the ongoing drought.
The videos feature some of the university's leading experts on water management, according to a news release. They can be viewed at http://ciwr.ucanr.edu.
Among the topics are:
• Groundwater and surface water interactions under water shortage,
• Salinity management for annual crops,
• Salinity management for perennial crops,
• ET-based irrigation scheduling and management,
• Surface irrigation management,
• Crop water stress detection and monitoring and
• Water-use-efficient tillage, residue and irrigation management.