Begun in 1923 as Robson Seed Farms, it went through several renditions until being purchased by Growmark Inc., a Bloomington, Ill., grower cooperative in 2002, according to a news release.
The name was formally changed to Seedway in 1971.
Originally the company focused on mail-order commercial and garden vegetable seed sales.
Through acquisitions, it expanded to offer farm and turf seed.
In addition to its headquarters in Hall, Seedway has locations in Trumansburg and Mecklenburg, N.Y.; Shoreham, Vt.; Mifflinburg, Emmaus and Elizabethtown, Pa.; and Lakeland. Fla.