With more border enforcement expected, stepped up employer sanctions and enforcement may be a concern, said Frank Gasperini, executive vice president and chief executive officer of the McLean, Va.-based National Council of Agricultural Employers. The farm labor supply for specialty crop growers was generally reported as adequate in early July, but Gasperini said there are worries of shortages this fall when apple harvest gears up across the U.S.
Obama promises immigration action
07/01/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Platform Specialty Products to acquire Arysta for $3.5 billion
- Wish Farms plans to double blueberry volume
- Is the world ready for a GMO tomato?
- PMA calls for action needed to stem obesity trends
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- Adama introduces low-VOC pesticide umbrella brand