- Forming committees to help take up some of the slack following the demise of the California Tree Fruit Agreement;
- Helping persuade the governor to veto a heat-standards bill that the industry believes would be unfair to agriculture;
- Arranging educational farm tours for legislators; and
- Contributing $40,000 to successfully target two state races in the November election.
Besides Zaninovich and Pandol, officers for the 2013-14 fiscal year are David Jackson of Family Tree Farms, Reedley, first vice chair; and Harold McClarty, owner of HMC Farms, Kingsburg, second vice chair.
New members of the board of directors are:
- Bo Brett, Mountain View Fruit Sales, Reedley;
- Mike Jackson, Kingsburg Orchards, Kingsburg;
- Blair Richardson, Rivermaid Trading Co./WesPak Inc., Dinuba;
- Matt Surber, M. Caratan Inc., Delano; and
- Russ Tavlan, Moonlight Cos., Reedley.
The league honored Herbert Kaprielian, owner of Reedley-based CRJ Farming Co. LP, with a lifetime achievement award. The award only has been presented once before — to Sarkis Sarabian of Sarabian Farms, Sanger, Calif.