UPDATED: Water deal struck in California
08/14/2014 8:16:27 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE 6:12 p.m.) The California state legislature has passed a revised $7.5 billion bond... Read more.
New cantaloupe offers blend of flavor, shelf life
08/13/2014 11:25:31 PMWOODLAND, Calif. — Dynamic is the first in a line of new non-slip western shipper cantaloupe... Watch Video.
Recycling plant should aid growers with sustainability, landfills
08/11/2014 4:04:26 PMUntil recently, growers who wanted to dispose of used plastic mulch or drip tape in an environmentally... Read more.
Brooks Tropicals recalls avocados after FDA salmonella test
08/11/2014 2:59:31 PMBrooks Tropicals LLC, Homestead, Fla., has recalled 401 boxes of fresh, green-skinned avocados because a... Read more.
EPA restricts use of methomyl insecticide
08/11/2014 2:18:51 PMRegistrants of the insecticide methomyl and the Environmental Protection Agency have agreed to mitigation measures... Read more.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Monsanto introduces tomato hybrid for the Southeast
- Scientists study habits of a disease-carrying beetle of walnuts
- Environmentally friendly biofumigants fight soil pests but pose rotation challenges
- U.S. Potato Board focuses on growth
- Study: West will likely face 'megadrought' within next century