Plant disease expert returns to alma mater
11/21/2013 12:18:39 PMOnce a graduate and doctoral student at the University of California, Davis, Helene Dillard is returning... Read more.
Genetic tool should boost citrus breeding efficiency
11/22/2013 7:35:00 AMTwo University of California, Riverside, plant geneticists have received a $450,000 grant from the U.S.... Read more.
Retired pathologist urges 'orange revolution' for citrus industry
11/21/2013 10:16:32 AMRetired plant pathologist Mani Skaria is taking a page from Norman Borlaug's Green Revolution and... Read more.
Georgia Ag commissioner wants Vidalia suit thrown out
11/21/2013 10:17:55 AMA grower’s court challenge to the change of the Vidalia onion start date should be thrown out... Read more.
Almond industry seeks exemption from food safety rule
11/21/2013 9:24:02 AMMODESTO, Calif. — The Food and Drug Administration has proposed exempting a handful of produce... Watch Video.
Branded almond products lead Blue Diamond’s record sales
11/21/2013 9:11:21 AMMODESTO, Calif. — Although the 2012 California almond crop wound up 7% smaller than the previous... Watch Video.
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant