Food safety evolving for eastern cantaloupe growers
03/04/2014 1:30:26 PMATLANTA — Entering its second year, the Eastern Cantaloupe Growers Association plans to help retailers... Watch Video.
Report looks at fire blight control in organic apples, pears
03/03/2014 6:45:46 PMAt the end of the 2014 season, organic pome fruit growers will have to begin phasing out use of antibiotics... Read more.
UPDATED: Paramount Citrus to boost Halos packing capacity 75%
03/07/2014 7:59:47 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE March 6) Paramount Citrus plans to increase capacity 75% at its Delano, Calif.,... Watch Video.
EPA registers biological insecticide from Marrone Bio
03/03/2014 2:43:52 PMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Venerate, a biological insecticide from Davis, Calif.-based Marrone Bio... Read more.
Firms partner on GPS-guided variable-rate air blast spray system
03/03/2014 1:32:59 PMOrlando-based AGERpoint has joined with agricultural equipment manufacturer Durand Wayland to develop the next generation... Read more.
Drought cuts further into Texas deal
03/03/2014 12:58:21 PMThe Texas onion deal continues to shrink as growers fight persistent drought. The water situation for... Read more.
- Colorado State taps University of Florida's John Hayes
- Calvin Arnold named head of UF's Immokalee center
- Forty-plus states OK silicon soil amendment
- South Florida high school teacher nabs top ag teaching award
- California organic certifier visits highlights, challenges
- FDA seeks input on environmental impact of safety rule
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees