Sweet potato markets tight heading into harvests
07/22/2014 4:39:56 PMSweet potato prices should stay high until September, when new-crop volume shipments begin. Markets should stay... Read more.
Basciani expands into blackberries
07/21/2014 6:39:33 PMAs it prepares to celebrate its 90th anniversary, Basciani Mushroom Farms, Avondale, Pa., is diversifying,... Read more.
Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
07/21/2014 2:28:26 PMYellow bud bacteria has been spreading through the Vidalia onion growing region in recent years, but... Read more.
EPA registers generic fungicides
07/21/2014 10:53:21 AMThe Environmental Protection Agency has registered Azoxy SC and AzoxyProp Xtra from Roseburg, Ore.-based Wildwood... Read more.
UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
07/21/2014 10:48:50 AM(UPDATED COVERAGE, July 22) As a recall of stone fruit from Wawona Packing Co. expanded to Canada,... Read more.
USDA triples emergency water assistance to California
07/18/2014 3:19:51 PMThe U.S. Department of Agriculture plans to provide $9.7 million in emergency water assistance to... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Lab offers new plant nutrient analysis service
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race