March 6, 2014 7:30 a.m.
Citrus Grower Forum Series
Bert J. Harris Agricultural Center|
O.S. “Sam Polston” Auditorium
4509 George Blvd.
Continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Meeting runs from 8-9 a.m.
These quarterly roundtable meetings provide a time for citrus growers in Highlands and surrounding counties to come together to discuss hot topics and possible solutions. There is no formal presentation or long speeches. A “topic of the day” will be circulated prior to each forum.
Direct questions to Laurie Hurner, Highlands County Extension Citrus agent, at 863-402-7150 or email@example.com.
- Report looks at fire blight control in organic apples, pears
- EPA registers biological insecticide from Marrone Bio
- Firms partner on GPS-guided variable-rate air blast spray system
- Favorable blueberry season expected in Southeast
- Sunshine State peaches take off
- Bins replace burlap as field-packing preference
- Monsanto's Seminis introduces three seedless watermelons
- Mississippi launches voluntary bee-protection program
- Genetically modified orange trees set for Florida field trials
- Study finds common plant virus may infect honeybees
- Obama’s visit spotlights California’s drought
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California