UC Davis releases new walnut variety
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMThe University of California, Davis, walnut breeding program recently released the Solano variety. The newcomer has... Read more.
Bumblebee numbers plummet, according to study
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMHoneybees may be getting the bulk of media attention when it comes to declining populations. But... Read more.
Washington State seeks licensees for new apple variety, WA 38
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMWashington State University's apple breeding program is looking for licensees to manage commercialization of its... Read more.
Spotted-wing drosophila shows fruit variety preferences
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMThe invasive spotted-wing drosphila can be a picky eater at times. Research led by North Carolina... Read more.
Potato researchers try to fool mother nature to fight nematodes
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMPacific Northwest researchers want to harness naturally occurring chemicals in potatoes to try to foil... Read more.
Food expo highlights San Joaquin Valley ag products
03/21/2013 7:00:00 AMSee related content: From the show floor: Fresno Food Expo booths FRESNO, Calif. — Since the... Watch Video.
Florida strawberry growers raise scholarship money at festival
03/14/2013 11:13:07 AM(CORRECTED): PLANT CITY, Fla. — An auction of fresh Florida strawberries raised scholarship money for... Read more.
South Florida corn damage uncertain, bean prices high
03/14/2013 11:12:40 AMSouth Florida sweet corn growers continue assessing damage from a March 4 freeze. Growers said the... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Fungicide-resistant late blight found in Wisconsin spud field
- Food bloggers tour California strawberries
- Empire State revitalizing Pride of New York program
- Vidalia onion growers say new disease hasn’t hurt crop
- New spud variety suited to Florida, fries up less oily
- Study suggests organic foods nutritionally superior
- Washington's 23 commissions promote apples to turf grass seed
- Texas A&M publishes strawberry production guide
- End nears for potato man Chris Voigt's all-spud diet
- Lab offers new plant nutrient analysis service
- Washington potato director denies wrongdoing in political race