California OKs yeast-based product to fight apple fire blight
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMThe California Department of Pesticide Registration has registered Blossom Protect to control fire blight in... Read more.
Strip tillage, cover crops outperform conventional tillage
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMCombining strip tillage with cover crops yields more benefits to Michigan vegetable growers than conventional... Read more.
North Carolina tomato breeding mixes tradition, high-tech
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMAt North Carolina State University, high-tech meets tradition in tomato plant breeding. The Raleigh, N.C.-based institution... Read more.
UPDATED: California's 2012 winegrape crop sets crush record
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMThe California grape crush was the largest on record, totaling 4.388 million tons, up 13 percent from... Read more.
Software helps migrate weather station, irrigation data
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMNovato, Calif.-based Ranch Systems LLC has introduced software that allows users of the PureSense Irrigation... Read more.
Biological insecticide enlists friendly fungus to fight pests
02/14/2013 7:00:00 AMNovozymes BioAg, Milwaukee, Wis., has introduced MET52, which contains a pathogenic fungus as the active... Read more.
New Mexico researchers draft chile pepper genetic map
02/07/2013 7:00:00 AMResearchers at New Mexico State University's Chile Pepper Institute and colleagues in South Korea have... Read more.
- Avocado pest, disease continue to spread in Southern California
- Arizona project explores hydroponic strawberry production
- More Fruit, Less Fertilizer
- New England Fruit and Vegetable Conference
- Macro Plastics unveils hybrid plastic-wood bin
- Almond harvester speeds through orchards without the dust plumes
- Genetically engineered tomato helps fight bad cholesterol
- Most California produce tested had no detectable pesticide
- Bayer tests new seed treatments to protect honeybees
- Florida battles Mexican strawberries
- Del Monte testing genetically modified pineapple
- Glyphosate-resistant weeds also may be disease resistant